Reading time ( words)
CALCE and SMTA are pleased to announce the program for the LED Assembly, Reliability & Testing Symposium at the Crowne Plaza Midtown in Atlanta, Georgia from November 29 to December 1, 2016.
The technical program on November 29 and 30 features presentations on topics including:
- Thermal, Optical, and Electrical Performance of LED Die Attach
- Circular Economy Business Models for LED Lighting
- LED Corrosion Failure Mechanisms & Identification
- Color Shift Analysis and Modeling of High Power pc-LED under High Temperature and High Humidity
- LED Reliability Assessments as a function of Clean and Not Cleaned Packages
- Ultra-Thin Coatings to Mitigate Damage of LEDs and Associated Printed Circuit Boards Due to Environmental Exposure
Three workshops are offered Thursday, December 1:
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) Failure Mechanisms, Reliability and Qualification
Instructor: Diganta Das, Ph.D., CALCE-University of Maryland
- LED Interconnects for Die Packaging and Luminaire Assembly
Instructor: Gyan Dutt, Alpha Assembly Solutions
- Low Cost High Reliability Solder Materials
Instructor: Ning-Cheng Lee, Indium Corporation
The early registration deadline is November 7, 2016. For more information or to register, click here.
The SMTA membership is an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations.
The Center for Advanced Life Cycle Engineering (CALCE), the largest electronic products and systems research center focused on electronics reliability, is dedicated to providing a knowledge and resource base to support the development of competitive electronic components, products and systems.