Reading time ( words)
Under the slogan 'Turn Vision into Reality', Rehm Thermal Systems will exhibit innovative system solutions at the upcoming SMT/Hybrid/Packaging, which will be held from May 16–18, 2017 in Nuremberg, Germany. These include several newly-developed systems for contact soldering, cold function testing and conformal coating applications. In the area of smart data and networking, Rehm will present the new ViCON software with touch-screen interface. This year, Rehm will also unveil a brand-new exhibition stand design.
Rehm will be showcasing the following equipment and tools at SMT 2017:
1. VisionXP+: Rehm’s best-in-class system for reflow convection soldering with or without a vacuum is now even more efficient. At SMT, the company will present the latest developments with the VisionXP+, such as the use of new EC fan motors, which not only are quieter and more sustainable, but also enable comprehensive operation data collection, a more effective cooling line and design tweaks.
2. VisionXC: It is important for any electronics manufacturer to achieve high quality in assembly production, even at low throughput. The compact VisionXC brings together all important technological features in the smallest of space. The systems of the VisionX series also have ViCON software with new features and a modern user interface.
3. ViCON: Rehm has developed with ViCON an innovative solution for easy operability and optimal traceability in the VisionX series. The software can, for example, monitor all values that have changed, or collect and statistically evaluate alarms in order to avoid errors and to optimize machine settings.
4. CondensoXC: The CondensoXC has a compact structure due to the innovative processing chamber. Thanks to the patented injection principle, exactly the right quantity of Galden is supplied for optimal profiling. Because of the closed-loop filter system, the medium can be recovered and filtered virtually 100%. The system is fully suitable for vacuum and has an integrated process recorder for optimal traceability.
5. Nexus: The new vacuum soldering oven Nexus is ideal for pore- and flux-free soldering at up to 450°C free with a variety of process gases. The wet-chemical activation with formic acid is available as an option. It is possible to use lead-free or lead-containing preforms and pastes. Contact soldering is used in advanced packaging and power electronics.
6. Securo Minus: Rehm has developed the Securo range to analyze the reliability of sensitive electronics under extreme temperatures. Securo Minus is used for reliable cold function tests and checks the suitability of electronic components at winter temperatures among other things. The electronic components are exposed to cold air or nitrogen at low temperatures of up to -55°C in the system.
7. Protecto: The Protecto for selective conformal coating protects sensitive electronic assemblies from damage by corrosion or other environmental influences such as humidity, chemicals or dust. Rehm will be presenting a variety of system options for different application areas and manufacturing environments at the exhibition.
Rehm will be in Hall 4A, Booth 100.