Reading time ( words)
Jabil Inc. reported preliminary, unaudited financial results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2018, including first quarter net revenue of $5.6 billion. For the first quarter of fiscal year 2018, U.S. GAAP operating income was $145.8 million and diluted earnings per share was $0.35.
The company reported a revenue growth of 13% for its Diversified Manufacturing Services (DMS) division, while the Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) division posted a revenue growth of 6%.
"I'm extremely pleased with our first quarter results and a strong start to the year," said CEO Mark Mondello. "As expected, we saw solid revenue growth across both our DMS and EMS segments, resulting in 15% growth, year-on-year, of core earnings per share. The quarter is a great illustration of the strength and diversification across the company."
Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2018 Guidance:
- Net revenue: $4.75 billion to $5.05 billion
- U.S. GAAP operating income: $124 million to $169 million
- U.S. GAAP diluted earnings per share: $0.31 to $0.57 per diluted share
- Core operating income (Non-GAAP): $160 million to $200 million
- Core diluted earnings per share (Non-GAAP): $0.50 to $0.74 per diluted share
- Diversified Manufacturing Services: Increase revenue 25% year-on-year
- Electronics Manufacturing Services: Increase revenue 1% year-on-year
- Total company: Increase revenue 10% year-on-year
"Our second quarter guidance, which suggests ten% revenue growth and nearly 25% core EPS growth year-on-year, is an absolute reflection of the momentum we have in our business today. Moreover, we anticipate the growth to continue in the second half of the fiscal year, resulting in core earnings per share of approximately $2.60 for 2018," added Mondello.
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries. For more information, visit jabil.com.