Reading time ( words)
IPC is seeking presentations for its 3rd Annual High Reliability Forum for Electronics Subjected to Harsh Use Environments. IPC is interested in presentations on the following topics:
- Mechanical stress reliability — vibration and shock Methods (software) for predicting reliability
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Thermal Mitigation
- Thermal Stress Test Methods
- HDI Reliability
- Microvia Failures and Testing Methods
- Microvia Reliability
- Design for Reliability
- Design Rules for Spacing and Staggered Vias
- Failures Related to Laminate Materials
- Materials Compatibility
- System-level effects on Solder Joint Reliability
- Assembly Tests for Solder Joint Reliability
Presentations should be noncommercial and describe significant results from experiments, emphasize new techniques, discuss trends of interest and contain technical and/or appropriate test results. Presentations should be 45 minutes, including time for questions and answers.
Staff from companies such as NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Honeywell Aerospace, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, Motorola and Raytheon have presented papers at past IPC High Reliability Forums.
If you’re interested in presenting at this important industry event, please submit a brief abstract along with the title of your presentation to AliciaBalonek@ipc.org.