Reading time ( words)
The fifth annual IEEE Rising Stars Conference will be held at the Tropicana in Las Vegas, from January 4–6, 2019. With a program focused on technical and professional development, Rising Stars is the place to be for students, young professionals and industry leaders in the electronics industry.
Conference highlights include the following:
- 2 Parallel Tracks – Technical track and Professional track.
- Competitions & Workshops – Cybersecurity competition, Resume/Job search workshop and Arduino hardware workshop by Intel.
- Keynotes – Richard New, VP of Research, Western Digital & John Treichler, CTO of Applied Signal Technology
- Technical Track topics include (among others) Block chain, 5G, Medical Technology, Space Discovery, Smart Cities, Reality Modeling, Autonomous Driving, Graphics AI.
- Professional Track topics include creating a powerful team, Finance and Wealth, Project Management, Communication, Networking strategy development, a resume workshop.
- Industry Speakers include representatives from National Instruments, NVIDIA, DARPA, Ford Motors, HP, NASA, Aerospace Corporation, Telephonics, Bentley Systems.
Meanwhile, the speaker line-up includes:
- James Kimery – Director of Wireless Research, National Instruments
- Chris Humphreys – CEO/Founder, The Anfield Group
- Dan Schweiker – President and Founder, China Mist
- Kathy Murphy – Merryck & Co
- Rick Hefner – Program Director, California Institute of Technology
- Terence Yeoh – The Aerospace Corporation
- Skip Rizzo – Research Director, USC Institute for Creative Technologies for Medical Virtual Reality
- Tom Coughlin – President, Coughlin Associates
- Carolyn Andrews – CEO, Inspired Leaders Now
- Keith Moore – US Army Information Systems Engineering Command
- Mark Schneider – Bentley Systems
- Ramesh Ramadoss – Bitclass Inc.
- Mathew Allred – Ameriprise Financial
- Sid Msihra – Scientist, JPL/NASA
- Iris Bombelyn – Managing Director, Golden Seeds
- Guarav Pandey – Technical Specialist, Robotics and AI, Ford Motor Company
- Lorenzo Lo Monte – Chief Scientist, Telephonics
- Rick Hefner – Program Manager, Caltech
- Mario Millicevic – Communications Systems Engineer, MaxLinear
- Michael Andrews – Managing Partner, Andrews & Associates
- Peter Pyun – Principal Solution Architect, NVIDIA
Funding is also available for interested IEEE members. For more information about funding opportunities, contact Ramesh Nair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks go to sponsors IEEE Young Professionals, IEEE Industry Engagement Committee, IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee, IEEE MTTS, IEEE AESS, INCOSE-LA, and IEEE GRSS.