Reading time ( words)
TT Electronics is exhibiting at Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) West 2019, which will take place February 5–7 in Anaheim, California.
Globally recognized as the largest medical manufacturing conference in the U.S., MD&M West offers attendees insight into the industry’s latest technologies, trends, and solutions. This year’s three-day conference will consist of multiple workshops, technical sessions, networking opportunities, and panel discussions led by industry-leading speakers, in addition to more than 1,900 exhibitors, and will address topics including: new technologies and next-generation designs, product development and user-centered design, technical solutions, as well as regulatory and quality updates.
TT Electronics’ exhibition at booth #856 will showcase the latest high-reliability electromagnetic solutions for implantable and external medical applications. Engineers from the company will be onsite to introduce attendees to the features and benefits of both new and existing capabilities and products, including:
- Ultra-Fine Wire Winding – a patented technology and industry-leading expertise that sets TT Electronics apart from competitors in the field. The company’s capabilities include winding wire as small as 58 gauge (.0004mm diameter or 1/10 the size of a human hair) using precious (gold, silver and platinum) as well as more traditional copper wire.
- Telemetry (Antenna) Coils – customizable components used in pacemakers, defibrillators, neurological implants, and cochlear implants to communicate with external programming devices containing TT Electronics’ transmitter coils.
- Inductive Charging Coils – components also used in pacemakers, defibrillators, neurological implants, and cochlear implants to charge the batteries in the device/implant.
- High Voltage Transformers – used in defibrillators (ICDs) to generate high voltage required for therapy.
- Inductors – components used in pacemakers, defibrillators, neurological implants, and cochlear implants to filter and enhance signal integrity.
- Field Generation Coils – components used in surgical navigation, internal diagnostic positioning, as well as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) systems for bone healing, migraine treatment, and drug addiction therapy.
- Value-Add Capabilities – offered by TT Electronics to meet the challenges involved in the design, handling, termination, and testing of fine wire coils in the medical industry. The company’s “value add” offerings, which include industry-unique simulation design software, expert handling, termination, and microscope soldering, are compliant to ISO 13485 standards, performed in a class 100,000 clean room, and provide customers full product integration, streamlined logistics, and faster time to market.
In addition, TT Electronics will highlight several products designed for use in multiple medical devices, including: an ultra-thin power inductor for current boost applications, a toroidal isolation transformer for medical power applications, and a WiFi transmit/receive antenna for medical instrumentation.
“As the industry’s leading U.S. conference in medical manufacturing, MD&M West offers attendees access to current information, trends, and technologies of paramount importance in critical applications,” said David Kertes, VP of sales/marketing, TT Electronics. “We’re proud this year to introduce our ultra-fine wire winding and power electronics engineering capabilities, as well as our extensive range of magnetic coils for implantable and external medical applications.”
About TT Electronics
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics for performance critical applications. With nearly 5,000 staff members operating from 28 key locations around the world, TT designs, manufactures, and delivers a wide range of electronic components, power conversion, manufacturing, and IoT solutions for applications in the industrial, aerospace and defense, medical, and transportation sectors.