Reading time ( words)
Indium Corporation will feature its new Flip-Chip Flux WS-446HF and Ball Attach Flux WS-823 at productronica China, March 20-22, in Shanghai, China.
Indium Corporation’s WS-446HF is a water-soluble, halogen-free, flip-chip dipping flux with an activator system powerful enough to promote good wetting on the most demanding surfaces - including solder-on-pad (SoP), Cu-OSP, ENIG, embedded trace substrates (ETS), and flip-chip on leadframe applications. WS-446HF provides:
- Excellent solderability to reduce open joints
- Tackiness suitable for holding large die in place during assembly and reducing die tilt
- Chemistry that eliminates dendrite issues
- Reduced voiding
- Good cleanability
WS-823 is a water-soluble, halogen-free, ball-attach flux designed for use in pin transfer and printing applications for ball attachment to both substrates (BGA manufacturing) and wafers for WLP (wafer-level packaging). WS-823 offers:
- Excellent solderability on some of the most demanding substrate metallizations, such as copper OSP
- Lower process costs and warpage due to the elimination of “pre-fluxing”
- Consistent flux deposition
- Good tack during heating combined with fast soldering eliminates missing ball
- Low-cost simplified cleaning
Both WS-446HF and WS-823 are cleanable with just DI water only.
Visit Indium Corporation’s booth #E2.2514.
About Indium Corporation
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.