Reading time ( words)
Test what you know in this 10-question automation quiz! Hint: It helps to download and read I-Connect007’s free eBook Automation and Advanced Procedures in PCB Fabrication at i007ebooks.com/automation.
1. What was the first plug-and-play equipment protocol?
c. IEEE-488.2 (HP-IB and GPIB)
d. IEEE-288 (HP-IL)
2. What was the first wireless plug-and-play equipment protocol?
c. IEEE-488 (HP-IB)
3. What is considered the first widely accepted automation protocol?
a. GM’s MAP
c. SEMI SECSII/GEM
4. What automation protocol was used in the world’s first “lights-out factories”?
a. General Motors’s MAP
b. SEMI SECSII/GEM
d. IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi
5. What is the definition of automation?
a. More mechanization
b. Digitization of the factory
c. A vector made up of the stages of mechanization and the level of systemization (information)
d. The use of computers
6. How is ROI calculated?
a. Profits divided by investments
b. The time it takes for profits to recover the investment
c. The equivalent interest rate the cash flows produced over the useful life of the project
d. The net present value of all of the investments cash flows
7. How can you categorize the stages of mechanization?
a. Add conveyors
b. No people needed
c. Automatic loading and unloading
d. Measure the percent of machine time for the total time of activities at a work center
8. By the same token, how can you categorize the levels of systemization (information)?
a. Add computers
b. No people needed
c. Measure the percent of human information time for the total time of all information at a work center
d. Buy more software
9. What is the Connected Factory Exchange (CFX)?
a. Assembly equipment
b. Assembly software
c. An open standard electronic assembly protocol created by an IPC Committee
d. A new vendor for electronics assembly equipment
10. Which one below is NOT a basic sensor?
a. Wet chemistry
f. Specific gravity
To find out the answers to this quiz, which appeared in the March 2019 issue of SMT007 Magazine, click here.