Reading time ( words)
With the right design and reflow profile, you are set up to achieve a successful high-yield assembly process. Ray Prasad, Ray Prasad Consultancy Group and IPC Hall of Famer, takes a deep dive into how to achieve low defect rates in his three-part webinar series titled Ball Grid Array (BGA) and Bottom Termination Component (BTC) Design and Assembly Challenges: Reflow Profiling to Achieve Low Defect Rates and Successful Assembly.
The webinar series brings together the latest information on recent/upcoming updates to IPC standards IPC-7095D, Design and Assembly Process Implementation for BGAs; IPC-7093, Design and Assembly Process Implementation of Bottom Termination SMT Components, new revision coming soon; and IPC-7530A, Guidelines for Temperature Profiling for Mass Soldering Processes.
As Chair of the committees developing these standards, Prasad brings critical insight to the importance of the changes to improve industry best practices for assembly.
Key takeaways from the webinar will be:
- How to properly develop profiles for various soldering processes including reflow, wave, vapor phase, laser and selective soldering
- Understand the importance of achieving time above liquidus for selected solder alloys and the impact on common assembly defects
- Overviews of BGA and BTC designs to enable effective high-yield assembly processes
- Areas to investigate when troubleshooting manufacturing issues with BGAs and BTCs
- Deep analysis of critical challenges such as voiding, head-on-pillow, pad cratering and more!
- The live webinar events are scheduled as follows:
- August 27, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm CDT: Free Introduction Webinar
- September 19, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm CDT: Part 1: Focus on Bottom Termination Components
- October 3, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm CDT: Part 2: Focus on Ball Grid Array Challenges
For more information or to register, click here.