Reading time ( words)
News from EIPC
- Technical Snapshot, 8 October 2019, Berlin Deutschland
- Anmeldeformular Technical Snapshot Berlin
- EIPC Board Election 2020-2021
- Review Day 2- EIPC Summer Conference Leoben 2019 by Alun Morgan
- Video EIPC Summer Conference Leoben 2019: https://youtu.be/6wHbcRMAUvg
- IFS2019-MT - Future Horizons' Mid-Term SC Industry Outlook & Forecast
- Webinar Bob Willis- Cleaning, Reliability & Soldering Webinars from Our Desk to You - We Show You How
- IMAPS UK-Semiconductor Packaging Webinar
- IMAPS UK -The Microelectronics Packaging for Harsh Environments (MfHE) 28-11-2019
- The biggest thing Apple didn't announce at its iPhone event
Real Time with...IPC
During the show, Guest Editor Dick Crowe and Kurt Palmer, president and CEO of Burkle North America, discuss Kurt's career history and responsibilities in his present role. Palmer also details the equipment that the company is exhibiting on the show floor, and the palpable excitement that veteran technologists feel this year seeing younger engineers and students attending IPC APEX EXPO 2020. There’s a lot of “new blood” in the industry, as Palmer explains.
Charlene Gunter du Plessis, IPC Education Foundation
The IPC Education Foundation (IPCEF) hosted its STEM Student Outreach Event on February 6 at IPC APEX EXPO in San Diego. Nine local high schools attended bringing 193 students and 30 educators from Mission Hills High School, Morse High School, North County Trade Tech High School, Saint Marcos High School, E3 Civic High School, Point Loma High School, Otay Ranch High School, Mount Miguel High School, Otay Ranch High School—Girls in STEM. Twice as many students were able to participate this year, and each participating high school received a $1,000 grant and soldering station to enhance STEM-related learning at their school.
Real Time with...IPC
During IPC APEX EXPO, Editor Nolan Johnson sat down with Chris Mitchell, VP of global government affairs, to discuss IPC’s latest initiative with industry intelligence programs. As Chris explains, some of these efforts are focused on improving the DoD’s supply chain. This includes moving the DoD from leaded to lead-free components to help avoid millions of dollars in rework. He also discusses the team’s drive to unite with partners around the world and create a truly global organization.