Reading time ( words)
IPTE launches a brand new concept, the MMS Line (magnetic motion system) for high speed assembly lines.
With this high speed magnetic conveyor system, pallet to pallet exchange time can be as low as 0.5 seconds. This is a unique level of performance for the production of products with cycle times ranging from 2 to 4 seconds like small electric motors, circuit breakers, power contacts, components for the automotive industry, etc.
This innovative solution gives following advantages compared to classic conveying systems:
- A straightforward drive system using an endless screw in combination with a magnetic drive minimizes maintenance cost.
- A worm wheel is used for accurate positioning of the pallet and also creates the possibility to make use of forward and reverse accurate movements within the operational segment.
- The possibility to convey one of two pallets in parallel within one segment which increases flexibility.
- The MMS line is split into a number of operational segments which can move independently (turntables only moves all pallets at the same time) and makes the system perfectly fitting asynchronous production.
- The MMS is a compact system while allowing large number of production processes to be integrated on the smallest floor space.
- No moving belts which results in a higher technical availability and reduces maintenance.
The MMS Line is supervised by a Beckhoff controller using TwinCAT software, and the standard IPTE software (TS1 or Turbo).
The MMS concept allows the integration of almost all manufacturing processes (including pick & place, screw insertion, welding, pressing, as well as automatic functional tests) as required in today’s production in an easy flexible way.
The IPTE team creates turnkey projects and ensures the proper engineering, followup, the installation, operator and service training. Traceability and reliability of assemblies are guaranteed by the use of standard software.
IPTE is a pioneer in the field of automated assembly lines since many years. In 1981, IPTE introduced the AFP concept (Atelier Flexible Prodel), a powerful and reliable conveyor system based on workpiece pallets that convey products from station to station on assembly lines. Modularity of the AFP concept allowed integration of additional process stations according to the evolution of the manufacturing process. It has been adopted by the major names in the production and manufacturing industry.
In addition, 2003 IPTE introduced the digitized A3D assembly system which offered:
- a wider range of pallet formats,
- larger payloads on the workpiece pallet,
- higher conveying speeds, reducing the exchange time pallet to pallet.
IPTE was founded 1992 in Belgium. IPTE is a worldwide supplier for individual, flexible and high-technology automated product equipment. The company designs standard machinery and turnkey-automation systems for all kinds of production, test and further processing of printed-circuit boards, as well as of board assemblies and final products. IPTE runs 14 sites in Europe, America and Asia with currently more than 900 employees. The IPTE Group's client list includes major manufacturers of the telecommunications industry, the consumer electronics branch, the industrial and motor vehicle electronics as well as producers from the assembly technology and the manufacturing sector. IPTE’s headquarters is located in Genk, Belgium.
For more information visit www.ipte.com.