Reading time ( words)
How do the decisions you make in the design process directly influence the reliability of your assembly?
Find out at the IPC Tech Ed Design for Excellence: DFM (design for manufacturing) DFR (design for reliability) DFA (design for assembly), which will be held on November 12, 2019, in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Here are the top five reasons why you should attend Design for Excellence:
1. Learn how PCB design affects fabrication costs, reliability and assembly.
2. Learn how often the pitfalls that can occur in assembly have a direct link to design.
3. Understand the impacts of design on process control issues; paste volume, SMT and PTH thermal shock, reflow warpage.
4. Study the impacts of component and PCB warpage/flatness on yields and reliability.
5. Spend the day with one of our most highly regarded instructors, Dale Lee, Senior Staff DFX Strategy Engineer, Plexus Corporation.
This day-long course is ideal for designers, manufacturing/process engineers, quality and reliability engineers and managers or technicians involved with the design, fabrication, assembly or testing of printed board assemblies.
For more information or to register, click here.
06/01/2020 | Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
iNEMI continues to publish chapters of its 2019 Roadmap and recently presented an overview of its Board Assembly Roadmap Chapter in a webinar prefaced by Grace O’Malley, vice president of global operations. The new chapter is just the latest addition to this global effort from 23 working groups contributing expert input from all aspects of the electronics industry.
11/26/2019 | Real Time with...productronica
In this video interview, part of the productronica coverage, the I-Connect007 team speaks with Oren Manor, director of business development for Siemens, in the Siemens booth. Oren introduces us to the in-booth production equipment that integrates factory automation, motion controls, and MES solutions. He points out that the recent effort to automate SMT lines is now expanding into the areas of final assembly, box build, and manual assembly as well.
10/25/2019 | I-Connect007
Meet Zulki Khan, one of our newest SMT007 columnists! Khan’s columns address new frontiers in upcoming manufacturing techniques, including challenges in the marriage of SMT and microelectronics manufacturing and the critical aspects involved.