Reading time ( words)
Indium Corporation has released a new high-reliability alloy with enhanced thermal cycling performance specially formulated for harsh environments.
Indalloy®292 is an innovative alloy engineered to provide advanced lifetime reliability to industries requiring high-performance and to address the increased temperatures in many automotive applications. Indalloy®292 offers:
- Superior performance in harsh thermal cycling conditions from -40 to 150°C. Has Excellent chip resistor thermal cycling performance with zero failures for over 3,000 cycles; Excellent ball grid array (BGA) thermal cycling performance with characteristic lifetimes 2X that of other leading high-reliability solders
- Enhanced thermal cycling reliability on Cu OSP, ImSn, and other standard PCB surface finishes
- Lifetime high shear strength
- Low solder joint cracking
- Indalloy®292 also offers outstanding printability, stability, and enhanced SIR performance when paired with Indium8.9HF Solder Paste.
Indium8.9HF Solder Paste is an industry-proven solder paste series that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to produce low-voiding, enhance electrical reliability, and improve stability during the printing process for high-reliability automotive electronics.
For more information about Indium Corporation’s high-reliability alloy products, visit www.indium.com/solder-alloys.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials refiner, smelter, manufacturer, and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.