I-Connect007’s Happy Holden and Nolan Johnson speak with Zac Elliott, technical marketing engineer at Siemens Digital Industries Software, and Farid Anani, VP of operations at Computrol, about how to achieve operational excellence in electronics manufacturing. They start by discussing the dynamic wherein automation projects may initially create islands of automation and the need to eventually connect those islands to achieve even greater operational efficiencies. The discussion then moves to how to make the data smarter and more useful for analysis and optimization.
Throughout the conversation, Anani shares his first-hand experience implementing automated processes at Computrol, and Elliott wraps up with an example in which data collected for one manufacturing step can actually be leveraged to achieve a completely unrelated quality check once both process steps can access the same data.
- Download this interview in PDF transcript booklet format: I-Connect007 Rountable Discussion: Achieving Operational Excellence in Electronics Manufacturing
- Download the original audio file (mp3), click here
- The Printed Circuit Assembler's Guide to… Advanced Manufacturing in the Digital Age (eBook)
- 12-part, on-demand webinar series “Implementing Digital Twin Best Practices From Design Through Manufacturing”
- Sagi Reuven’s column series “Lean Digital Thread”