Reading time ( words)
Indium Corporation will feature selections from its suite of proven innovative solutions for electric vehicle (EV) manufacturing at IPC APEX Expo, Jan. 25-27, San Diego, Calif., U.S.
More than two million EVs are on the road today with the Rel-ion™ suite of electrical, mechanical, and thermal solutions for e-mobility by Indium Corporation. These reliable, scalable, and proven materials are designed to increase reliability with no zero km failures to modules, components, or systems. Attend IPC APEX Expo to see the following proven products:
Durafuse™ LT, a patent-pending low-temperature alloy system designed to provide high-reliability in low-temperature applications that need to reflow below 210°C. Where traditional low-temperature solders can produce brittle solder joints that are susceptible to drop shock failures, Durafuse™ LT provides superior drop shock resilience, outclassing BiSn or BiSnAg alloys, and performing better than SAC305 with optimum process setup.
This proven technology supports the challenges of automotive electrification and helps deliver enhanced reliability by:
- Providing a solution for heat-sensitive components and flex polymers
- Preventing thermal warpage of processor components and multilayer boards
- Meeting low-temperature requirements for step soldering, particularly in RF shield attachment, post underfill processes, and rework applications.
Indium8.9HF Solder Paste is an industry-proven solder paste that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to produce low-voiding, enhance electrical reliability, and improve stability during the printing process for high-reliability automotive electronics.
- Increases electrical reliability via enhanced surface insulation resistance (SIR) that inhibits current leakage and dendritic growth
- Ensures low-voiding on bottom termination components (e.g., QFN, DPAK, LGA)
- Delivers supreme product stability with:
- Excellent response-to-pause, even after being left on the stencil for 60 hours
- Enhanced printing and reflow performance after remaining at room temperature for one month
- Consistent printing performance for up to 12 months when refrigerated
- Offers excellent pin-in-paste and through-hole solderability
- Resists premature flux spread to prevent surfaces from oxidizing
- Performs with both Pb and Pb-free alloys.
To learn more about Indium Corporation’s proven products for EV and other automotive applications, visit the company during the show at booth #3046, or go to indium.com/auto.
Download The Printed Circuit Assembler’s Guide to… Solder Defects by Dr. Ronald C. Lasky. You can also view other titles in our full I-007e Book library here.