Reading time ( words)
Indium Corporation will feature selections from its portfolio of high-reliability automotive solutions at SMTconnect, May 10-12 in Nuremberg, Germany.
Indium Corporation has developed a suite of leading-edge materials and technology expertise to meet the increasingly rigorous demands of high-reliability applications – including the automotive and rapidly-evolving electric vehicle markets – such as its suite of Rel-ion™ technology solutions for e-Mobility. Indium Corporation continues to deliver proven high-reliability material solutions to current and emerging automotive challenges.
Indium Corporation’s LV2K is an ultra-flat, flux-coated solder preform that produces lower voiding and solder joints with better reliability as compared to conventional solders. Coupled with an improved coating process, LV2K can be controlled well within the standard 0.5% by weight tolerance limit and ensures a complete and uniform coating. Its capabilities covers most geometries and sizes, and allows for a precise flux content to minimize volatiles while removing surface oxides. LV2K is a drop-in solution that delivers:
- Ultra-low voiding
- Precise control of the flux percentage
- Improved thermal management, structural integrity, and overall end-product reliability
Indium8.9HF solder paste is an industry-proven solder paste series that delivers no-clean, halogen-free solutions designed to produce low-voiding, enhance electrical reliability, and improve stability during the printing process.
- Increases electrical reliability via enhanced surface insulation resistance (SIR) that inhibits current leakage and dendritic growth
- Ensures low-voiding on bottom termination components (ex. QFN, DPAK, LGA)
- Delivers supreme product stability with:
- Excellent response-to-pause, even after being left on the stencil for 60 hours
- Enhanced printing and reflow performance after remaining at room temperature for one month
- Consistent printing performance for up to 12 months when refrigerated
- Offers excellent pin-in-paste and through-hole solderability
- Resists premature flux spread to prevent surfaces from oxidizing
Download The Printed Circuit Assembler’s Guide to… Solder Defects by Christopher Nash and Dr. Ronald C. Lasky. You can also view other titles in our full I-007e book library here.