Reading time ( words)
Indium Corporation will showcase its innovative Durafuse technology at the EPP InnovationsFORUM on Tuesday, June 28 in Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany.
The harmful effects of lead on human health and the environment are driving the development of high-temperature lead-free (HTLF) solders to replace high-Pb solders for die-attachment and clip-bond in power device applications. Indium Corporation’s innovative Durafuse HT features a novel design based on a mixed-alloy technology, designed to deliver a tin-rich HTLF paste, presenting the merits of both constituent alloys. Durafuse HT delivers:
- Simplified processing; Durafuse HT is a drop-in replacement for high-Pb solder, with no special equipment needed and minimal process adjustments
- Enhanced thermal cycling reliability; equal or higher than high-Pb solder
- Lower RDS(on) compared to high-Pb solder
Indium Corporation’s award-winning Durafuse LT is a patented low-temperature alloy system designed to provide high-reliability in low-temperature applications that require a reflow temperature below 210°C. Durafuse LT delivers:
- Improved drop shock performance more than two orders of magnitude better than Bi-containing low-temperature materials
- Drop shock performance equal or better than SAC305 with proper process optimization
- Ideal characteristics for step soldering and low-temperature requirements
Download The Printed Circuit Assembler’s Guide to… Solder Defects by Christopher Nash and Dr. Ronald C. Lasky. You can also view other titles in our full I-007e book library here.