Reading time ( words)
PRIDE Industries, the nation’s leading employer of people with disabilities, has received the prestigious three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an international, nonprofit health and human services accreditor. This recognizes that PRIDE Industries has made a specific commitment to put the needs of their participants at the center of the services they design and deliver, and that they strive to continuously improve efficiency, fiscal health, and service quality and delivery.
PRIDE Industries’ three-year accreditation applies to the social enterprise’s programs and services in:
- Community Employment Services: Employment Supports
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Employment Developing Services
- Employment Planning Services
“We are pleased that we achieved the acclaimed three-year CARF recertification,” said Dr. Jennifer Camota Luebke, Chief Rehabilitation Officer at PRIDE Industries. “This is a testament to PRIDE Industries’ dedication and commitment to continuously improving the quality of our services that fulfill our mission to create employment for people with disabilities.”
In part, the CARF report lauded PRIDE Industries for:
- Providing excellent employment services, employee development services, and employment planning services.
- Being highly regarded in the community and building positive relationships with partners and employees.
- Holding safety as a high priority.
- High satisfaction from persons served, families, and other stakeholders.
- Longevity of leadership, which provides continuity to the organization’s mission.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
CARF International is an independent, nonprofit organization with a focus on advancing the quality of programs in health and human services. For those being served, CARF accreditation means that the CARF-accredited provider is committed to reducing risk, addressing health and safety concerns, respecting preferences of individuals (cultural or otherwise), and providing the best quality of care possible. The accreditation also shows that the accredited organization values the feedback and input of their customers with disabilities and is accountable to the community. And, finally, accreditation demonstrates that an organization has opened its service delivery and business processes to outside scrutiny to improve the quality of their programs.
PRIDE Industries has successfully maintained CARF International accreditation since it was first applied for in 1976.