Reading time ( words)
Indium Corporation will feature its metal thermal interface materials (TIMs) for burn-in and test at TestConX, March 5-8 in Mesa, Ariz., U.S.
As an industry leader in high-performance metal thermal interface materials (TIMs), Indium Corporation will feature selections from its portfolio of innovative high-performance metal TIM solutions.
Indium Corporation’s indium-containing TIMs for burn-in and test offer superior thermal conductivity over non-metals—with pure indium metal delivering 86W/mK. Its indium-containing TIMs are available as pure indium, indium-silver alloys, and indium-tin, among others. The pure indium TIM can be clad with a thin aluminum layer on the side facing the device under test (DUT) to prevent the indium from adhering to the surface. Indium Corporation’s suite of Heat-Spring® solutions, featuring a compressible interface between a heat source and a heat-sink, include:
- Patterned to optimize contact with non-planar surfaces delivering 86W/mK
- Provides uniform contact between the burn-in head and the DUT
- Provides more uniform thermal conductivity
- Cleans with no residue
- Recyclable and reclaimable
- Recommended specifically for burn-in applications where multiple insertions are required
- Provides uniform contact with low resistance for high-density heat loads
- Typically clad with a thin diffusion barrier, which serves as the contact surface for burn-in and test applications
- No staining or cracking
- Designed for interfaces with tight surface control >30psi
- Recommended for small, well-designed interfaces with flat, smooth, parallel surfaces