Reading time ( words)
Minneapolis — The 10th Annual Pan Pacific Microelectronics Symposium will be held in Hawaii from January 25 through 27, 2005.
This prestigious event promotes international technical interchange and provides a premier forum for extensive networking among microelectronics professionals and business leaders throughout the Pacific Basin.
Sponsored by the SMTA, the Pan Pacific Symposium focuses on the critical business markets and technologies of microelectronic packaging, interconnection, microsystems and assembly. The Program Committee is seeking participants to present recent research results at the Symposium on any of the following topics:
- Business: Cross Cultural Management, Economics and Cost Analysis, Green Manufacturing (Energy Conservation, Pb and Halogen Free, etc.), Manufacturing Management, Outsourcing Strategies, and Roadmaps.
- Packaging: 3-D and Stacked Packages, Ball Grid Array, Chip Scale, Display Drivers, Embedded Devices, Flip Chip, Integrated Passive Devices (IPDs), MCM/SiP, RF and Microwave, Thermal Management, and Wafer Level Assembly.
- Interconnection: Advanced PWBs, Co-Fired Ceramics, Flat Panel Displays, Flex/Flex Rigid, High-density Interconnects, Microvias, Shaped Circuits, and Thin and Thick Film Materials.
- Markets: Characterizations, Penetration Strategies, Segmentation, Technology Drivers, and Trends and Forecasts.
- Assembly: Automation Control, Component Placement, Direct Chip Attach, Materials and Processes, Repair and Rework, and Test and Troubleshooting.
- Microsystems and Nanotechnology: Actuators, DFX, MEMS/MOEMS, Nano Materials, Nano Systems, Optoelectronics, Partitioning Strategies, and Sensors.
Abstracts of 500 words should be submitted online by August 2, 2004, at www.smta.org/pan_pac/call_for_papers.cfm.
Abstracts may also be submitted to JoAnn Stromberg, SMTA, Pan Pacific Microelectronics Symposium, 5200 Willson Road, Suite 215, Edina, MN 55424 USAPhone: 952-920-7682; Fax: 952-926-1819; E-mail: email@example.com
The SMTA membership is a network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies and related business operations. For more information, visit www.smta.org.