Reading time ( words)
Northbrook, Ill. — IPC — Association Connecting Electronics Industries honored 56 individuals with Distinguished Committee Service Awards at its co-located IPC SMEMA Council's APEX/IPC Printed Circuits Expo/IPC Designers Summit exhibition and conference, held February 24 through 26, in Anaheim, Calif.
This award is given to IPC committee members who have made an exceptional contribution to a specific standard, guideline, round robin test program or other IPC program.
The following individuals were awarded for their leadership and significant contributions toward the development of IPC-CM-770E, Guidelines for Printed Board Component Mounting:
- Peggi Blakley, NSWC — Crane
- Daniel L. Foster, Soldering Technology Intl.
- Don Youngblood, Honeywell Inc.
- Randy McNutt, Northrop Grumman
- Greg Hurst, BAE Systems
- Sharon Ventress and Martha Schuster, U.S. Army Aviation & Missile Command
- Blen Talbot, L-3 Communications
- Sue Riester, NSWC — Crane
For their significant contributions in the release of IPC-6012B, Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards, and IPC-A-600G, Acceptability of Printed Boards, the following nine members were also awarded the IPC Distinguished Committee Service Award:
- Scott Bowles, Sovereign Circuits
- Randy Reed, Merix Corp.
- Robyn Aagesen, Cisco Systems Inc.
- Susan Mansilla, Robisan Laboratory Inc.
- Mike Hill
- Christopher Conklin, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Debora Obitz, Trace Laboratories-East
- Michael Green, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co.
- Ted Edwards, Dynaco Corp.
IPC also honored the following 12 members for their leadership and significant contributions in the development of IPC J-STD-004A, Requirements for Soldering Fluxes:
- Karen A. Tellefsen, Ph.D., Cookson Electronics
- Joe R. Felty, Raytheon Co.
- David Scheiner, Kester Northrop Grumman
- John H. Rohlfing, Delphi Delco Electronics Systems
- Dennis F. Bernier, Kester Northrop Grumman
- Karl F. Seelig, AIM Inc.
- Jennie S. Hwang, Ph.D., Asahi Technologies America Inc.
- Patricia J. Amick, Boeing Aircraft and Missiles
- Graham Naisbitt, Concoat Ltd.
- Paul Niemczura, Heraeus Inc.
- Helen Holder and Steve Radabaugh, Hewlett-Packard Co.
The following individuals were also awarded Distinguished Committee Service Awards for their leadership and significant contributions in the development of IPC-7912A, End-Item DPMO for Printed Circuit Board Assemblies:
- Guy M. Ramsey, ACI/EMPF
- Peter Randklev, Benchmark Electronics Inc.
- Frank N. Kimmey, C.I.D.+PowerWave
- Richard Vernon, Phoenix International Corp.
- Jean-Yves Gagne, Nortel Networks
- Scott B. Penin, Paradigm Manufacturing LLC
- John W. Smith, Siemens
- Tom Olafsson, Teradyne Inc.
- Tim Kruse, Plexus NPI Plus
- Frank M. Piccolo, Adeptron Technologies Corp.
For their leadership and significant contributions in the development of J-STD-001CS, Space Applications Electronics Hardware Addendum to Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies, the following seven members were also awarded the IPC Distinguished Committee Service Award:
- Guy M. Ramsey and Leopold A. Whiteman, Jr. , ACI/EMPF
- Ge Wang, Northrop Grumman
- Robert D. Humphrey, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Mark Strickland, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Robert Wm. Cooke, NASA Johnson Space Center
- Michael J. Engler, Boeing Satellite Systems
IPC also honored the following four members for their significant contributions in the release of IPC-2141A, Design Guide for High-Speed Controlled Impedance Circuit Boards:
- Brian Butler, Introbotics Corp.
- Dave Hoover, Multek
- Christine Coapman, Delphi Delco Electronics Systems
- Steve Zimmer Coretec Inc.
For their significant contributions in the development of Amendment 2 for IPC-2546, Sectional Requirements for Shop-Floor Equipment Communication Messages (CAMX) for Printed Circuit Board Assembly, the following also received IPC Distinguished Committee Service Awards:
- Steve Aube, Cookson Electronics
- Niko Siltala, Tampere University of Technology
- Robert Neal, Robert E. Neal & Associates
Finally, the following additional members were honored for their individual work on various programs:
- Lisa C. Bates, DuPont Advanced Fibers Systems, for her leadership in the release of the IPC-4411A, Specification and Characterization Methods for Nonwoven Para-Aramid Reinforcement.
- Bev Christian, Ph.D., Research in Motion Ltd., and Karl A. Sauter, Sun Microsystems Inc., for their leadership within the Electrochemical Migration Task Group in accomplishing the release of the IPC Test Method 2.6.25, Conductive Anodic Filament (CAF) Resistance Test: X-Y Axis
- Christian also received a second Distinguished Committee Service Award for his significant contributions in the development of IPC J-STD-004A, Requirements for Soldering Fluxes.
IPC is a trade association dedicated to the competitive excellence and financial success of its more than 2,200 member companies, which represent all facets of the electronic interconnection industry, including design, printed circuit board manufacturing and electronics assembly. For more information, visit www.ipc.org.