Reading time ( words)
Bethesda, Md. — The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) will sponsor a new "Adhesives Forum" on Wednesday, September 24, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Assembly Technology Expo 2003.
This half-day session, which will be held in conjunction with the ATExpo exhibition at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont (Chicago), Ill., is designed to educate end users about innovations in adhesives used in various assembly applications.
"Adhesives Forum" will feature five ASC members discussing different uses of adhesives in assembly applications. Presentations will include:
- "Bonding of Low Surface Energy Plastics Without Surface Preparation" by 3M
- "'Multiple Functions' of Specialty Tapes: Solving Design Requirements Means Approaching Performance Across Many Dimensions" by Avery Dennison
- "Advances in Acrylic Hybrid Technology: The Next Generation of PSAs" by National Starch
- "Elastic Bonding Solutions for Dynamic Systems" by Sika
- "Advancements in the Emabond Induction Welding Process for High-performance Assembly of Demanding Thermoplastic Applications" by Ashland
The ASC will also showcase its new Building the Industry (BTI) Program in the ASC booth on the Assembly Technology Expo show floor. ASC's booth will feature the latest information about the new BTI program. A collective industry growth initiative, BTI is an exclusive ASC program created to educate end users about the advantages of adhesives and sealants over mechanical and other fasteners.
For more information on The Adhesive and Sealant Council, visit www.ascouncil.org.