Reading time ( words)
Binghamton, N.Y. — Universal Instruments announces the success of another Technology Road Show event held in the Americas.
On Tuesday, May 20, and Thursday, May 22, electronics manufacturers, industry experts and Universal personnel met in Fremont, Calif. for two days of information sharing on a wide range of topics.
Highlights from some of the presentations included:
- Mark Ragard, director of Americas area operations, provided a corporate overview of Universal, and explained the company's recent restructuring and manufacturing expansion in Asia.
- Eric Miscoll, senior consultant and chief operating officer of Technology Forecasters, a leading consultant in electronics manufacturing, gave an industry outlook and shared his thoughts about how the electronics manufacturing business will be divided among top- to small-tier manufacturers in the near future.
- An actual process demonstration featured the DEK ELA screen printer, Vantis IC and Vantis Chip mid-range surface mount placement platforms, Vitronics-Soltec XPM 520 oven, and the GSM Genesis platform. All machines were configured for high-mix, low-to-mid volume applications to mirror the production mix that will dominate the Americas manufacturing base landscape in the coming future.
The 2003 road show concept is designed to further strengthen customer relationships and allow Universal Instruments to present its new products, refined support infrastructure, and corporate strategies one-on-one. Additionally, the company recognizes that delivering its offerings in its customers' regions is more time efficient for participants and provides a sharper focus for all.
Future Universal Instruments road show venues and dates include:
- Ulm, Germany, June 25 and 26, 2003
- Binghamton, N.Y., July 16 and 17, 2003
- New England (venue TBA), September 2003
- Chicago, Ill., September 2003 (ATE Week)
- Guadalajara, Mexico, October 2003
Universal Instruments is a global electronics productivity specialist, providing innovative circuit, semiconductor, and back-end assembly technologies and equipment, integrated system solutions, and process expertise to manufacturers in every sector of the electronics industry. For more information, visit www.uic.com.