Reading time ( words)
Minneapolis — SMTA is again co-locating its annual conference, SMTA International, with the Assembly Tech Expo (ATExpo) show this fall at the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill., with the conference taking place September 21 through 25, and exhibits from September 23 through 25.
This year's program will feature 30 full- and half-day short courses. Seventeen are entirely new courses on today's most important topics in electronics manufacturing, assembly, and related business issues:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Moisture Sensitive Devices
- Quality Improvements in SMT Assembly
- Design for Advanced IC Package Technology
- High Density Manufacturing
- Lead-free Implementation
- Lead-free Solder Joint Reliability
- PPM/DPMO Benchmarking
- Competitive Advantage in Today's EMS Market
- Low Volume SMT Assembly
- Mastering BGA Processing & Rework — HANDS ON COURSE
- 0201 Design, Assembly & Soldering
- Low Cost & Advanced Flip Chip Technology & Processing
- PWB Yield Management for Increased Profitability
- Pin-in-Hole/Intrusive Reflow Design & Assembly
- Selective Soldering
- Outsourcing Lead-free Assembly
Featuring SMT, flip chip, MEMS, chip scale, BGA, automotive, lead-free, process control and more, SMTA International is dedicated to surface mount, advanced packaging and related technologies. Led by conference chair Rob Rowland, RadiSys Corp., the highly regarded SMTA International Technical Advisory Committee is comprised of electronics manufacturing and packaging experts who represent all facets of the industry.
The SMTA membership is a network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience, and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies and related business operations. For more information, visit www.smta.org.