Reading time ( words)
Binghamton, N.Y. — Universal Instruments announces the success of its first Technology Road Show events held in the Americas.
On Wednesday, April 20, electronics manufacturers, industry experts and Universal personnel met in Orlando, Fla., for a day of information sharing on a wide range of topics.
Highlights from some of the presentations include the following:
- Mark Ragard, Universal Instruments' director of Americas area operations, provided an overview of Universal, and explained the company's recent restructuring and manufacturing expansion in Asia. He also talked about Universal's new and enhanced products such as the Vantis and GSM Genesis platform, as well as line solutions offered by the company.
- George Westby, director of Universal Instruments' Surface Mount Process Laboratory, discussed how the lab assists manufacturers with process development, and also serves as an objective third-party failure analysis partner with subject matter expertise. Westby was joined by representatives from Reptron Manufacturing, who discussed how partnering with Universal's SMT Lab has been of great benefit to this company.
- Eric Miscoll, senior consultant and chief operating officer of Technology Forecasters, a leading consultant in electronics manufacturing, reviewed the latest industry figures with attendees and shared his thoughts about how the electronics manufacturing business will be divided among top- to small-tier manufacturers in the near future.
- Kirk Van Dreel, advanced manufacturing engineer at Plexus, discussed the steps his company has taken to optimize its high-mix/low-volume manufacturing process.
- Universal Instruments Product Manager Aaron Saxton introduced the company's newest surface mount placement machine, the Vantis, which sets new standards for capability and value.
The event closed with an actual process demonstration featuring a DEK ELA screen printer, Universal Instruments Vantis surface mount placement platform and Vitronics-Soltec XPM 520 oven.
Universal Instruments is a global electronics productivity specialist, providing innovative circuit, semiconductor and back-end assembly technologies and equipment, integrated system solutions and process expertise to manufacturers in every sector of the electronics industry. For more information about the company or upcoming road shows, visit www.uic.com.