Reading time ( words)
Austin, Texas -- Twelve companies were recently honored by Motorola Inc.'s Semiconductor Products Sector (SPS) with the company's prestigious Supplier Performance Excellence Awards.
The awards are presented annually to global key suppliers who have sustained excellent performance in providing products and services key to Motorola's success.Motorola's Supplier Performance Awards Program began in January 2000 as a way to reward and recognize global key suppliers for sustained performance and accomplishments. This year, Motorola recognized suppliers for performance in two categories: Gold Performance Excellence and Continuous Improvement.
The 10 Gold Performance Excellence Award winners included:
- Advanced Interconnect Technologies Inc. provides final manufacturing assembly and test services.
- Mitsui High-tec provides assembly and test subcontract services in Japan as well as lead frames to Motorola's internal backend factories.
- NTK Technologies Inc. supplies layered ceramic substrates and metallized ceramic headers for semiconductor packaging solutions.
- Shin-Etsu Handotai Co. Ltd. provides 150mm to 200mm silicon wafers.
- Software Spectrum provides software licensing services including consulting and implementing license programs worldwide.
- Sumitomo Mitsubishi Silicon Corp. (SUMCO) supplies 100 mm to 200 mm silicon wafers.
- Tanaka Electronics Singapore Pte. Ltd. provides gold, aluminum and copper bonding wires used in the assembly of semiconductor devices.
- Tower Semiconductor Ltd. provides foundry services.
- Unimicron supplies quality plastic substrates.
- Wacker Siltronic Group provides 100mm to 200mm silicon wafers.
For consistent and marked improvement over time, the Continuous Improvement Award was given to:
- Photronics Inc. supplies mature and high-end technology photomasks.
- Teradyne Inc. supplies automatic test equipment.
Additionally, SPS honored several companies with Regional Gold Performance Awards. These awards were presented separately and are given to critical regional suppliers who serve the company's Europe and Asia facilities. Recipients included Advantek Inc. (Asia) and Komatsu Electronics Materials (Europe).
As the world's No. 1 producer of embedded processors, Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector creates DigitalDNA system-on-chip solutions for a connected world. For more information, visit www.motorola.com/semiconductors.