Reading time ( words)
NEO Tech, a leading provider of manufacturing technology and supply chain solutions for brand name OEMs in the industrial, medical and mil/aero markets, announced that its highly miniaturized electronic manufacturing capabilities were being deployed in advanced implantable devices and electroceuticals for the medical industry.
Advanced implantable devices such as neuro stimulation devices, drug pumps, cochlear implants, sensors and wireless communication functions require advanced microelectronics. NEO Tech has the experience and capability to support OEMs which are pushing the technology boundaries of implantable solutions.
Implantable medical device manufacturers make use of NEO Tech's microelectronics capabilities through services such as:
- Miniaturization by use of microelectronic high density packaging technologies
- Interactive DFM/DFT
- Electrical, mechanical, and thermal analysis
- Development of electrical, functional and environmental tests that support high-reliability manufacturing
NEO Tech's medical microelectronics manufacturing sites are ISO13485:2003 certified. Microelectronic capabilities include:
- Wafer & Die Processing
- Die attach using a variety of epoxies and other materials
- Placement capability of all device types including RF and MMIC devices
- Automated wire bonding including gold and aluminum wedge, and gold ball bonding
- Custom microelectronic packaging, including multichip packaging (MCP), multichip modules (MCM), power modules, chip-on-board (COB), chip-scale-modules (CSM)
The microelectronic assembly and test services are carried out in NEO Tech's cleanrooms. This area, as well as the main production areas, feature complete environmental controls. The company has experience providing microelectronic manufacturing services for a wide variety of implanted medical applications, including:
- Neuro stimulators incorporating high I/O, custom ASIC chip-on-board technology for a high level of integration and miniaturization
- Implantable RF transceivers that operate at 400 MHz ISM band for implantable medical device communication and programming
- Microelectronics for cochlear implants
- Bion devices used for stimulation and sensing
For more information about NEO Tech's microelectronic services and their application to implantable medical devices, visit the company's Web site at www.NEOTech.com.
About NEO Tech
NEO Tech combines the strengths of three leading contract manufacturers: NATEL, EPIC, and OnCore. With over 40 years of heritage in electronics manufacturing, NEO Tech focuses on low-medium-volume/high-mix, high-complexity products primarily in the medical, defense/aerospace and industrial markets.
NEO Tech is favorably positioned among mid-tier EMS manufacturers to "make amazing things happen." NEO Tech offers full product lifecycle engineering services, manufacturing and testing of microelectronics, cable & harness interconnect products, PCBA, full box build services and aftermarket repair and fulfillment services. The companies that form NEO Tech have been known for solving tough engineering problems that result in high-reliability, high-quality electronic solutions for customers.
Headquartered in Chatsworth, CA, NEO Tech has manufacturing and engineering locations in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Nevada, Ohio, Tennessee, Mexico, and China. NEO Tech holds and maintains industry specific certifications that include ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485, ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 and MIL-PRF-38534. To learn more, visit www.NEOTech.com.