Reading time ( words)
Several Indium Corporation experts will share their knowledge and expertise at the SMTA International Conference, which will be held on September 25-29 in Rosemont, Illinois.
The following technical papers from Indium Corporation experts will be featured:
- "Voiding Control at High-Power Die-Attach Preform Soldering" by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee, Vice President of Technology; Dr. Arnab Dasgupta, Research Chemist; and Elaina Zito
- "Ultra-Low Voiding Halogen-Free No-Clean Lead-Free Solder Paste for Large Pads" by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee
- "Pressure-less Silver Sintering Paste for Low Porosity Joint and Large Area Die-Attach" by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee; Dr. Sihai Chen, Research Chemist; and Christine LaBarbera, SEM Specialist
- "Minimizing Voiding in SMT Assembly of Bottom Terminated Components" by Dr. Ron Lasky, Senior Technologist, and Christopher Nash, PCBA New Product Development Manager
- "Materials to Mitigate Voiding in Electronics" by Dr. Lasky
- "The Versatile Solder Preform" by Edward Briggs, Senior Technical Support Engineer
- "A Unique Heating/Reflow Technique to Minimize Solder Paste-Induced Voiding Under LEDs" by Derrick Herron, Technical Support Engineer; and John Mathurin and Charlie Wilkinson of Ansen Corporation
- "Reservoir Printing in Deep Cavities" by Brook Sandy-Smith, Technical Support Engineer for PCB Assembly Materials; and Dr. Phani Vallabhajosyula, Dr. William Coleman, and Karl Pfluke of Photo Stencil LLC
- "DFx on High Density Assemblies" by Jonas Sjoberg, Technical Manager for Asia; Christopher Nash; David Sbiroli, Technical Manager, Global Accounts; and Wisdom Qu, Area Tech Manager, Eastern China
- "Printing Capability Study of 008004 Components for SiP Application - Part 2" by Kenneth Thum, Senior Technical Support Engineer; Wisdom Qu; Sze Pei Lim, Semiconductor Product Manager – Southeast Asia; Jonas Sjoberg; and Fiona Chen, Bench Chemist.
Indium's experts will also serve as chairs for six technical sessions, including:
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track - Session FSA1 - Flux: Eric Bastow, Assistant Technical Manager, Americas Region
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track - Session FSA3 - Adhesive/Underfill - Part Two: Derrick Herron
- Harsh Environments Symposium - Session HE4 - Reliability of Lead-free Interconnects Subjected to Harsh Testing Conditions - Part Two: Tim Jensen, Product Manager for Engineered Solders Materials
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track - Session FSA4 - Solder - Part One: Joanna Keck, Research Technician
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track - Session FSA5 - Solder - Part Two: Erin Costello, Research Technician
- Lead-free Symposium - Session LF2 - Special Session & Panel: BTC Void Reduction for Yield and Performance Enhancement: Brook Sandy-Smith
Additionally, Dr. Lasky will serve on a panel discussion about voiding.
SMTAI is a world-class electronics manufacturing conference and exhibition organized by the SMTA—the world's leading user group for surface mount and companion technologies. The conference provides high-quality technical information and networking opportunities.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, thermal management, and solar markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil. Founded in 1934, Indium has global technical support and factories located in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.