Reading time ( words)
Jabil Circuit Inc. has reported preliminary, unaudited financial results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2017, including first quarter net revenue of $5.1 billion.
For the first quarter of fiscal year 2017, U.S. GAAP operating income was $165.6 million and U.S. GAAP net diluted earnings per share was $0.47. Core operating income (Non-U.S. GAAP) was $209.5 million and core diluted earnings per share (Non-U.S. GAAP) was $0.69.
"I'm really pleased with our strong first quarter results," said CEO Mark Mondello. "In particular, we saw strength in our healthcare, packaging and consumer lifestyles businesses within our DMS segment, combined with yet another solid quarter of execution from our EMS segment, allowing us to deliver excellent results."
Fiscal Year 2017 Second Quarter Guidance:
- Net revenue: $4.2 billion to $4.5 billion
- U.S. GAAP operating income: $39 million to $101 million
- U.S. GAAP net diluted (loss) earnings per share: $(0.18) to $0.18 per diluted share
- Core operating income (Non-U.S. GAAP): $125 million to $165 million
- Core diluted earnings per share (Non-U.S. GAAP): $0.35 to $0.57 per diluted share
- Diversified Manufacturing Services: Decrease revenue 2 percent year-on-year
- Electronics Manufacturing Services: Consistent revenue year-on-year
- Total company: Decrease revenue 1 percent year-on-year
"Looking ahead, we'll remain focused on our multi-year financial objectives and longer-term enterprise goals, while following through on our commitment to return capital to shareholders, as previously communicated under our two-year capital allocation framework," added Mondello.
Jabil (NYSE: JBL) is a product solutions company providing comprehensive electronics design, production and product management services. Offering complete product supply chain management from facilities in 28 countries, Jabil provides comprehensive, individualized-focused solutions to customers in a broad range of industries. Further information is available on Jabil's website.