Reading time ( words)
The SMTA is pleased to announce its 2017 Educational Programming that includes conferences, webtorials and webinars, certification program and online training courses.
Conferences - SMTA enables its members to achieve professional success by providing unparalleled, focused educational programs and conferences.
- South East Asia Technical Conference on Electronics Assembly- March 28-30 (Penang, Malaysia)
- Contamination, Cleaning and Coating- May 23-24 (Schiphol-Rijk, Netherlands)
- International Conference on Soldering and Reliability- June 6-8 (Markham, ON)
- Symposium on Counterfeit Parts and Materials- June 27-29 (College Park, MD)
- SMTA International- September 17-21 (Rosemont, IL)
- International Wafer-Level Packaging Conference- October 24-26 (San Jose, CA)
Webtorials - SMTA Webinars and Webtorials conveniently deliver the latest information on electronics assembly and advanced packaging at the best price. Currently scheduled webinars and webtorial topics include the Role of Bismuth in Lead-free Systems, Advanced Packaging Metrology, BGA and Bottom-Mounted Components, Counterfeit Components, and Reflow Soldering. More topics will be announced throughout the year.
Certification - Since the program’s inception in 2002, hundreds of engineers have been certified by SMTA as SMT Processes or Six Sigma Green Belt Engineers. SMTA's comprehensive program provides the course, study materials and examination. The following locations and dates for 2017 are currently accepting registrations with more coming soon.
- SMT Processes- May 2-4 (Eden Prairie, MN)
- SMT Processes- June 6-8 (Markham, Ontario)
- SMT Processes- August 15-17 (Portland, OR)
- SMT Processes- September 19-21 (Rosemont, IL)
- Six Sigma Green Belt- September 19-21 (Rosemont, IL)
Online Training Courses - The mission of the SMTA Online Training Program is to establish, review, maintain, and provide affordable and accessible training on current and emerging SMT and packaging technologies. Current training courses on Stencil Printing, Component Placement, and Reflow Soldering. Wave Soldering will be released this Spring and additional courses on Rework and Reliability are anticipated by the end of the year.
For more information contact Jenny Ng at 952-920-7682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SMTA membership is an international network of professionals who build skills, share practical experience and develop solutions in electronic assembly technologies, including microsystems, emerging technologies, and related business operations.