Reading time ( words)
Kurtz Ersa North America today announced plans to exhibit in Booth #1337 at the 2018 IPC APEX EXPO, scheduled to take place February 27 - March 1, 2018 at the San Diego Convention Center in Califronia. The Ersa team will highlight a lineup of advanced reflow, selective solder and rework equipment, including its VERSAPRINT 2 Ultra stencil printer, VERSAFLEX-Ultra selective solder module and IR/PL 650 XL rework system.
The VERSAPRINT 2 Ultra is the first stencil printer worldwide with fully integrated 100 percent 3D SPI. Advantages vs. 3D SPI standalone systems include:
- 3D SPI for the inspection of complex PCBs directly after the printing process
- VERSAPRINT stencil inspection detects errors before they appear
- Zero reference measurement of the unprinted PCB can be performed before every print
- Integrated closed-loop function for print offset compensation
- One software platform for print inspection – one consistent operator concept
- Maintenance and service for only one machine
- One contact for both processes
- Less space required on the shop floor
The VERSAFLEX-Ultra selective solder module offers unlimited flexibility, productivity and uncompromising quality – two solder pots, either y- and x-variable or z-variable, equipped with different solder and different solder nozzles, can work in parallel.
With its revolutionary flexibility, the soldering pots move freely in x-, y- and z-direction. Each soldering pot is completely independent and has no y- or x-dependencies to the other one. An anti-collision software ensures the free movement of the servo-driven axis system of the soldering pots.
The IR/PL 650 XL is Ersa‘s flagship machine for extra large printed circuit boards (PCBs). PCBs up to 20 x 24" or 500 x 625 mm can now be safely and rapidly reworked using one of the industry's largest and most powerful bottom-side heaters – an 8,000 W medium wavelength IR heater measuring 500 x 625 mm.
For more information about Kurtz Ersa North America, click here.