Reading time ( words)
Jabil Inc., reported preliminary, unaudited financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended August 31, 2018.
“I’m really pleased with our fiscal 2018 results and the positive momentum we’re seeing across the business,” said CEO Mark Mondello. “Our team’s performance during the year culminated in double-digit revenue growth, 24% core EPS expansion and core ROIC of 19 percent, an increase of approximately 400 basis points year-on-year. At the same time, we made strategically important investments in areas like additive manufacturing and factory automation, while the underlying business allowed for nearly $1 billion in cash flow generation and $500 million in shareholder returns. By many measures, 2018 was another great year as we position the company to continue to deliver on our stated goals,” he added.
Fiscal Year 2018 Highlights:
- Net revenue: $22.1 billion
- Diversified Manufacturing Services (DMS) year-on-year revenue growth: 23%
- Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) year-on-year revenue growth: 11%
- U.S. GAAP operating income: $542.2 million
- U.S. GAAP diluted earnings per share: $0.49
- Core operating income (Non-GAAP): $768.1 million
- Core diluted earnings per share (Non-GAAP): $2.62
“As we begin fiscal 2019, we’re steadfast in our commitment to deliver value for shareholders. We’ll continue to pursue strategic capabilities and technologies in select end-markets that should result in even more sustainable earnings and cash flows over the next three to four years.” added Mondello.
First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2019 Guidance:
- Net revenue - $5.8 billion to $6.4 billion
- U.S. GAAP operating income - $158 million to $223 million
- U.S. GAAP diluted earnings per share - $0.45 to $0.74 per diluted share
- Core operating income (Non-GAAP) - $215 million to $265 million
- Core diluted earnings per share (Non-GAAP) - $0.79 to $0.99 per diluted share
- Diversified Manufacturing Services - Increase revenue 5% year-on-year
- Electronics Manufacturing Services - Increase revenue 13% year-on-year
- Total company - Increase revenue 9% year-on-year
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive design, manufacturing, supply chain and product management services. Operating from over 100 facilities in 29 countries, Jabil delivers innovative, integrated and tailored solutions to customers across a broad range of industries.