Reading time ( words)
VRtuoso.io, an innovative virtual reality (VR) presentations platform that enables enterprises to cut training costs and boost sales enablement has announced the immediate availability of Version 2.1, giving VR presenters and instructors greater control and users an even more immersive learning experience.
VRtuoso brings VR-based training to the enterprise: no experience or technical expertise is required to deliver a VR presentation or training course in a matter of minutes.
Key new features in 2.1 include:
- Advanced media positioning in VR—presenters can now insert multiple 3D and 2D content, like video, PowerPoint slides and text, anywhere within the 360° slide, as well as choose to view them in “Cinema Mode”
- Deeper presenter VR controls—including “Audience Inspection” allowing the presenter to look who is watching where; and a “Re-Centre Headsets” view—exactly like asking everyone to “look here!”
- Intuitive help tools—a VR “Call the Presenter” feature for users is now embedded into the headset app, while help and FAQs are now a just few clicks away
- VR headsets management—allowing presenters to stay in control of all connected headsets, their version, battery, audio levels and other tools in an easy-to-use centralised interface
The company also announced four new multinational customers from a diverse range of industry sectors.
- Tenaris—a leading supplier of products and related services for the world’s energy industry
- Milestone Srl—supporting chemists by offering industry-leading solutions in microwave sample preparation, including digestion, extraction, synthesis, and ashing.
- BMI Group—the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe with a significant presence in parts of Asia and Africa
- ASM Technologies—a hardware and software procurement company delivering agile technology distribution across IT channels in more than 30 countries.
VRtuoso, which recently secured funding of $650,000 to extend VR enterprise training to all companies, already has American Express, BP, BT Group including EE, PwC, Pfizer and Yoox Net-a-Porter Group as customers.
In continuing with its mission to make VR/AR-based enterprise learning and marketing a reality for all, VRtuoso will launch a cloud-based enterprise product featuring VR and AR consumption over 5G by Q4 this year.
Francesco Furnari, Founder & CEO, VRtuoso, said: “5G will be a catalyst for the mass adoption of immersive learning because it gives users a consistent, low latency experience wherever they are. We have commoditised VR production and usage meaning enterprises can now embed VR and AR in all facets of their business, while saving money.”
Furnari has been shortlisted in the “Start Up Entrepreneur” and “Emerging Entrepreneur” categories of the Enterprise Awards—“The Oscars For Technology Entrepreneurs.” The Awards recognise the most successful technology entrepreneurs in the United Kingdom and Ireland. This follows VRtuoso being selected to be in the 13th cohort of the prestigious London Mayor’s International Business Programme. The programme helps fast-growing companies in London expand internationally.
VRtuoso has also been selected, from among hundreds of applicants, to participate in Pitch@Palace 11.0 at St James’s Palace on 12 June. The initiative was founded by The Duke of York in 2014 as a platform to amplify and accelerate the work of entrepreneurs. The winner and runners up will be selected from among the 42 remaining companies. The Pitch@Palace People's Choice Award winner will also be named as voted for by the public.
After a significant R&D investment and incubation period, VRtuoso is making VR-based enterprise learning and marketing a reality for all. Headquartered in London and with offices in Italy and the US, VRtuoso has been deployed by Fortune 500 companies. Symvan Capital Limited led VRtuoso’s early funding round with Compagnia Bresciana Investimenti S.p.a.