Reading time ( words)
I-Connect007 continues to monitor the current worldwide economic situation by seeking input from our market leaders. Here’s what we discovered: If you’re feeling the pressure, you’re not alone.
In a recent survey, we asked about your primary concerns for the future of our industry. The number one concern (26%) indicated a belief that sales will be affected negatively in the coming months.
That was followed closely by primary concerns about supply chain in the electronics market (17%), the ability to retain quality employees in our worldwide industry (10%), and the spreading of COVID-19 (10%).
While survey respondents were less worried about cybersecurity (2%), new equipment (5%), China (3%) and smart factories (5%), about 20% of respondents shared other primary concerns, among them:
- “Not enough new design talent coming into the PCB industry”
- “Offshore competition”
- “Government driving up energy costs”
- “Product liability”
- “Keeping design under designers and not merging with engineers”
- “That there will be a future”
- “Earning enough margin to afford to hire top talent and keep current on the best CAD tools”
Check back for the latest on the COVID-19 outbreak and its effect on the electronics industry.