Reading time ( words)
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
"The second quarter continued to demonstrate our ability to execute on our growth strategy despite ongoing supply chain challenges" said Jeff Benck, Benchmark's President and CEO.
"We were pleased with the balanced revenue contribution to our performance in the second quarter, led by the Medical, Industrials, and Computing sectors. Meanwhile, our Semi-Cap sector continues to demonstrate nice growth, with demand signals pointing to strength into 2023."
Benck continued "Our bookings performance and resulting new program introduction efforts over the last two years are leading to the successful launch of many new products. This effort, coupled with our ability to fulfill greater demand from our existing customer base, is fueling our industry leading growth. We believe these demand indicators, along with our under-sized consumer exposure, has us well positioned for continued momentum through the second half of 2022."
Overall, higher-value market revenues were up 33% year-over-year from strength in the Industrials, Medical and Semi-Cap sectors. Traditional market revenues were up 38% year-over-year from strength in both Computing and Telecommunications sectors.
Third Quarter 2022 Guidance
- Revenue between $715 - $755 million
- Diluted GAAP earnings per share between $0.41 - $0.46
- Diluted non-GAAP earnings per share between $0.49 - $0.55 (excluding restructuring charges and other costs and amortization of intangibles)
- This guidance takes into consideration all known constraints for the quarter and assumes no further significant interruptions to our supply base, operations or customers. Guidance also assumes no material impact to our results due to COVID disruptions.
- Restructuring charges are expected to range between $1.6 million and $2.4 million in the third quarter and the amortization of intangibles is expected to be $1.6 million in the third quarter.