Reading time ( words)
IPC E-Textiles 2023 is an international forum for materials suppliers, product designers, manufacturers, technical experts, and company executives from around the world to collaborate on all areas of the supply chain for e-textiles technologies in the fashion design, health and medical, sports and athletics, automotive, and military and aerospace sectors. It takes place Monday, Jan. 23, in conjunction with IPC APEX EXPO.
This year’s event will feature informative and engaging presentations encompassing all areas of e-textiles, Q&A discussions with presenters, and a panel discussion on the economic and business aspects of e-textiles. Speakers have been invited to submit posters to accompany their presentations, which will be displayed during poster and exhibits networking breaks at IPC APEX EXPO 2023.
Presentation topics include:
- E-textiles product development, business, and economic impacts
- Enabling stretchable LED circuits for wearable applications through 3D geometry
- Textile-integrated liquid metal electrodes (TILEs) for electrophysiological monitoring
- Advanced fabric heating technologies for extreme cold weather environments
- Localized strain sensor vs. motion capture for joint angle tracking
- Re-positionable textile EMG electrodes for physiotherapy in mobile rehabilitation
- Ink–substrate compatibility for printed metasurfaces
- Reliability and performance criteria for wearable devices
- Scalable production of MXene dip-coated yarns and cords
- Mass production of e-textiles using embroidery technology
- Improvements in printed heating circuits for clothing garments
- Use-cases of e-textiles for automotive, robotics and beyond
- Architecture innovations to optimize e-textile performance in complex systems
“After two years of virtual conferences, we are excited to welcome the e-textiles industry to come together in person to learn, network, and collaborate,” said Vladan Koncar, PhD, professor, ENSAIT and IPC E-Textiles Program committee chair. “Holding the event alongside IPC APEX EXPO 2023 also provides our attendees the unique opportunity to participate in standards development meetings and view the latest technologies happening in the electronics industry by both visiting the exposition and the other events and education offered during IPC APEX EXPO 2023.”
To read this entire article, which appeared in the December 2022 issue of SMT007 Magazine, click here.