Reading time ( words)
Carlsbad, Calif. — Asymtek was recently awarded seven patents related to underfill dispensing and conformal coating.
These patents include:
- Vacuum Assist Underfill Design Applications (#D466, 140)
- Vacuum Assist Underfill Multi-Plenum L Tool and U-Tool (#D473,883 & D474,214)
- Flip Chip and Underfill System & Methods (#3,280,385 & 6,541,304)
- Fan Width Control module for conformal coating units (# 6,457,655 B1) and
- No-Flow Underfill Profiling of a Dot (#6,234,379)
Technologies benefiting from these innovations include underfilling large die with small gaps, small die with small wet-out areas, chip scale packaging (CSP) devices, flip chip on glass, flip chip on flex, and no-flow underfill packages.Additionally, some of the technology is applicable for conformal coating of circuit boards, electrical component assembly, encapsulation of small wire-bonded die, and flux dispensing. The patented processes were designed to improve production speed, process control and ease-of-use, while lowering cost of ownership. Celebrating 20 years of success in 2003, Asymtek supplies award-winning automated fluid dispensing systems to customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.asymtek.com.