Reading time ( words)
BEST Inc., a leader in the development and instruction of PCB rework and repair, has announced its annual tech symposium speaker schedule. This year's symposium, to be held on October 1 in the suburbs of Chicago, will feature top notch speakers on the topic of microelectronics assembly challenges. The outline of speakers and topics includes:
- Keynote 1: How to develop and believe in Your Design of Experiments - Dr Ron Lasky (Indium Corp.)
- Keynote 2: PCB Assembly Process Development and Characterization of small packages - Chrys Shea (Shea Engineering)
- Hand Soldering and Rework Techniques for Small Packages Metcal Paul Wood
- Jetting for Prototyping and Small Packages - Nico Cohnen (Mydata)
- SPI Measurements for Micro Packages - Koh Young
Along with the "tech" sessions, BEST will be hosting a lunch featuring brick oven pizza, generous salad portions and cheesecake slices. Prior to the beginning of the tech sessions, BEST trainers will also be demonstrating hand soldering techniques used in miniature component removal and replacement. The lunch time will also feature a round robin bocce ball tournament for participants.
"We are very fortunate to have such highly regarded speakers such as Dr. Ron Lasky from Indium, Chrys Shea from Shea Engineering and Paul Wood from OKI/Metcal speaking at this year's symposium."
To register, contact Laura Ripoli at email@example.com or call her at (847)797-9250.
About Business Electronics Soldering Technologies (BEST)
Headquartered in Rolling Meadows, Illinois BEST is a supplier of PCB rework and repair services as well as tools for those services in the communications, computer, industrial, automotive, avionic and military sectors. In addition BEST is a master IPC-certified training center certifying students and instructors in J-STD-001, IPC-610 and IPC 7711 and 7721 material.