Reading time ( words)
Enable Injections Inc., the developer and manufacturer of wearable medical devices that enable easy patient self-administration of high volume injectable drugs, has entered into a product development and manufacturing partnership with Flex, the global sketch-to-scale solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world.
As part of the deal, Enable Injections and Flex will collaborate on the design, development and production of customized wearable injector systems for pharmaceutical company products and clinical trials.
"Effective design of wearable medical devices requires that we innovate on multiple fronts, pushing the boundaries of wearable technology, medical device development, and manufacturing processes," said Paul Humphries, president of High Reliability Solutions at Flex. "With their track record of quality and innovation, Enable Injections is an ideal partner in this process. We are proud to have been selected as Enable Injections’ manufacturing partner, and thrilled to be helping bring innovative, high quality wearable medical devices to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries."
According to Enable Injections, the company's novel injectors – based on pain-free injection technology and preferred by patient panels – provide customers with numerous advantages, including:
- Subcutaneous delivery of up to 50mL doses of high volume and/or viscous biologics
- Ability to monitor compliance and capture data utilizing optional Bluetooth connectivity and a mobile app to provide a connected healthcare solution
- Passive warming of drug product, eliminating the 30-minute wait for refrigerated vials to reach room temperature
- Automated mixing and reconstitution, reducing formulation time and drug development costs
- Use of standard vials, cartridges and syringes, and existing container closures
- Facilitation of in-home therapy, reducing healthcare system costs
"Flex is the recognized leader in high volume manufacturing of body-worn injection systems. We very much look forward to partnering with Flex to satisfy pharmaceutical and biotech company requirements for high reliability, high volume manufacturing," said Michael D. Hooven, Enable Injections' president and CEO.