Mycronic Acquires RoyoTech and Kognitec


Reading time ( words)

Mycronic AB has acquired 75 percent of RoyoTech Digitalelektronik GmbH and has an option to acquire the remaining 25 percent. At the same time Mycronic acquires 100 percent of Kognitec Vertrieb and Service GmbH. Both companies are based in Höhenkirchen, Germany.

RoyoTech develops and manufactures the SMD Tower – an intelligent storage solution of electronic components. Kognitec is distributing the SMD Tower in parallel with Mycronic to the SMT market globally.

Mycronic has marketed the SMD Tower worldwide since 2008 and is RoyoTech’s main distributor and largest customer. The storage concept was originally developed in close collaboration with German customers in 2004. Today there are approximately 1,000 SMD Towers installed at customer sites globally. The acquisition secures the rights to a strategic product already part of Mycronic’s SMT portfolio.  

RoyoTech is a private company founded in 1991, based in Höhenkirchen in Germany, and has ten employees. The founder and owner Peer Mietusch will retain 25 percent of the shares in the company and will remain CEO. RoyoTech had a turnover of EUR 3.3 million in 2014, of which the major part stems from Mycronic. Kognitec is a private company founded by Peer Mietusch in 2013 with revenue of EUR 0.650 million in 2014.    

The companies will be consolidated into the Mycronic Group as of 1 January, 2016.

“We are happy to have concluded these acquisitions. They represent a natural next step to deepen the collaboration with RoyoTech as we see an increasing demand for the SMD Tower from our core customers as well as from large manufacturers using assembly equipment from other suppliers,” says Robert Gothner, Senior VP and General Manager, Business Area SMT, Mycronic AB.

The SMD Tower is already well integrated into Mycronic’s intelligent material handling solution and a vital building block in the agile manufacturing solution Mycronic 4.0, that masters the complexity of modern electronics production.

About Mycronic AB

Mycronic AB is a Swedish high-tech company engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing of production equipment for the electronics industry. Mycronic headquarters are located in Täby, north of Stockholm and the Group has subsidiaries in China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the United States. For more information click here.

Share

Print


Suggested Items

June Issue of SMT007: A Snapshot of a Resilient Industry

06/30/2020 | Tamara Jovanovic, Happiest Baby
Tamara Jovanovic, an electrical engineer at Happiest Baby in Los Angeles, never imagined that I would have to take half of my lab equipment home to be able to continue doing her job. As she says in her review of the June issue of SMT007 Magazine, the entire industry is adapting to the "new normal," and ready for whatever the future brings.

Burak Aksoy: An Update on DOWSIL EA-3838 Fast Adhesive

06/12/2020 | Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
On June 10, Nolan Johnson spoke with Burak Aksoy, technical service and development scientist for Dow Silicones. Aksoy updated Johnson on the recent introduction of DOWSIL™ EA-3838, a fast-curing adhesive formulated for use in industrial manufacturing and assembly applications.

This Month in SMT007 Magazine: Business Practices Drive the Smart Factory, Not the Other Way Around (Part 1)

03/19/2020 | I-Connect007 Editorial Team
In Part 1 of this conversation, Sagi Reuven— business development manager at Mentor, a Siemens Business—makes the case that smart factory implementations must start with traditional process analysis and improvement before the data capture process is useful. He also covers how sometimes the key to utilizing Industry 4.0 comes from a change in mindset rather than a drastic change or investment in new equipment or processes.



Copyright © 2020 I-Connect007. All rights reserved.